Sunday, January 15, 2006

Second Job

Since I may or may not have a teaching position next year it is time for me to start thinking outside the box. At the moment, my only other marketable talent is knitting. Not that I will ever be able to make a living at it, but it might make working for Burger King* a little more bearable, no? You have seen my scarves. Now you get to see the hats! Yep, I have been branching out.

First, here is a scarf/hat set that I made for my brother and his girl. They are both going to Moorhead State and he's on the football team. At one point, I jokingly said I would make him a scarf with his school colors. Well, I suspect he is a little too manly to wear a fringed scarf, but maybe his girlfriend would be interested and then he can wear the hat and they can be a matched set. Isn't that just sickeningly sweet? You haven't heard the best part - if I can find out what his jersey number is, I am going to stitch it onto the scarf. Then she can wear it to the football games and cheer him on! Aaaawwwwww!!



I had so much fun making the hat for the set that I made a couple more. I am going to add a tassle or something fun to the top of each of them, but otherwise they are finished. I'm particularly enjoying putting together the colors and seeing what happens. I may make another rainbow one with white instead of black for the alternating stripes.



So here's the deal. I am going to set up an official page, but you are getting the advanced sale! If you are interested in either of these hats (or one like it with colors/stripes of your choice!) let me know. The hats are nice and toasty and mostly one size fits all. The scarves can either be winter warm or dressy cool depending on the yarn used. They make great gifts!

Current pricing is: $15 for the hats, $25 for a scarf.
Discounts available if you buy the yarn and send it to me (this also ensures that your idea of rust and mine are the same!)

If all else fails, I can always start selling cats**. Who wouldn't want an adorable little furball like this?



Or this?




* I'm kidding. I am not going to have to work for Burger King. I hope.

** Again with the kidding. I am not going to have to sell the cats. I hope! :)

No comments: