Monday, April 02, 2007

This, That, and The Other Thing

(This)
Yesterday I got a little cabin fever (not surprising since i hadn't left our 2 acres in 4 days), so we headed into town for a date. First up was a movie at the "cheap theater". If you want something hilariously funny and totally inappropriate, I recommend Reno 911: Miami. I laughed a lot. Then we grabbed some Rubio's burritos for dinner. They have an Especial that is especially good. (This, combined with the greased popcorn and mega-sized Sprite at the movies, means that I fell off the diet wagon for a while, but I am getting right back on.) It was just the right amount of getting out to make me happy to be able to stay home for another several days in a row.

(That)
Today I will work on my masters class. I have been very intently procrastinating these essays, but it is time and I will put them off no longer. I have 2 that were supposed to be done Saturday and 5 more that are supposed to be done next Saturday. Do you think I can do it? I doubt it. But I will make some progress. Here I go...

(The Other Thing)
PS - I just saw a trailer for the most adorable movie. John Cusack is the lead in Martian Child, a based-on-a-true-story film about a science fiction writer who adopts a little boy who thinks he is a visitor from Mars. The trailer made it look funny and sensitive and sweet. A powerful story about the power of love. Definitely on my Must See list. I am curious though...do you think John only signs on to movies that agree to let Joan have a roll??

(That again)
Okay. I'm going now for real. I swear...

No comments: