Saturday, April 22, 2006

Can't Talk Now

Much Too Busy!

Good grief! This "end of the school year" thing is insane. If it weren't for the promise of summer and sleeping in 8 weeks in a row, I would be tempted to forego it completely and just keep this year continuing indefinitely. Between Colonial Daze Days, Open House, a second field trip, upcoming Promotion Ceremonies, State testing, District testing, and the general "high" that kids get this time of year, it is all I can do to keep up with it. My weekends are filled with a frantic (and, let's face it, foolish) attempt to catch up with the grading that has piled up all week and my weeks are filled with CHAOS (see aforementioned list).
This past week I was at school by 7:30 Monday through Thursday due to tutoring and meetings. This means that I have to leave home by 6:45. This means that I have to get up by 5:45. This means that I am drooling into the couch cushions by about 7:45 each evening.
As if things weren't crazy enough* with all these meetings and projects and events, we have been presented with a further challenge. Can you teach without making any copies? Yes, our copy numbers have been limited to 2 copies per student per day. Let me do some quick calculating here...field trip permission slips...math homework...test review activities...grading sheets for the colonial project...and the book report...and the persuasive essay... Yep. I think I am going to be going slightly over that. And I am not counting the number of things I have to replace after someone stuffs it under the backseat in the car and loses it. THREE TIMES. ugh.
On the home front, things are much calmer. The dogs are being schooled by the cats - through the window, of course. The trees are leafing out very nicely. The husband is working hard (when he isn't playing hard). The car treats me as well as can be expected when gas costs $3.26/gal. I am counting down the weeks before I get to spend my time lounging in the hammock, rather than rshing frantically from one end of school to the other.

No comments: