Saturday, May 13, 2006

How Does My Garden Grow?



I broke down and bought seedlings from Home Depot this year. My seedlings didn't grow due to negligence and abuse, and by the time I had time to replant it was too late in the season. So, I sold out and bought my veggies pre-started. (This is the last time!)

Here's the overall layout:



Mikey has to have his strawberries!


This shows where the corn will grow (hopefully!),


and this shows where the herbs will be. I planted rosemary, thyme, sage, basil, oregano, and parsley. And maybe something else that I can't remember and will surprise me. There are also carrots and onions planted in there.


We planted two rows of tomatoes, two rows of bell peppers, and a row of beans. Yum!


It said that watermelon like sandy, well-drained soil, so I have hopes for our crop this year. We also have cantelope and zucchini for the fun of it.

No comments: