Wednesday, August 01, 2007

No Need for Food

Please note: My health problems are miniscule compared to those of just about everyone I know. However, they are MINE and consequently seem important to me. I apologize to everyone who is reading this and thinking "What a baby. She should see what I have to go through every day."

Since my last visit to the doctor, I have begun taking a variety of pills and supplements. Each morning, I take 2 glucosamine (for my bad joints), 1 fish oil (for the joints and the cholesterol), and 1 multivitamin (to make up for my deficient iron and B12). None of these pills is smaller than the end of my pinkie finger, and by the time I finish choking them down I am too full for breakfast. Or maybe my lack of interest in breakfast is because I consider that to be medication, too. 1/2 cup of oatmeal every morning to aid in reducing my cholesterol. Meh. What I really want is a couple of scrambled eggs, slathered in cheese and wrapped in a tortilla. The really sad thing is that my cholesterol continues to go up, so I am going to be forced to add yet another pill to my routine. Hooray for genetics!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every ounce of prevention is worth about 30 pounds of cure.

Anonymous said...

Hi lady, you should consider timing on the pills... so they do not interfere as much... I had to move one pill to the evening, and others are changed to after breakfast..etc.. they should not all have to be taken before breakfast or all together, some pills are better not taken with the others..etc.. so talk to a pharmacist if you have questions.. or just try different timing... as for the oatmeal... try a blended oatmeal.. with different types of grains... I have a 6 grain oatmeal, and then also blend that with a cream of wheat mixed blended cereal.. and this only takes 5 minutes in the microwave and is very tasty... I also have been using the diabetic exchanges weight management plan.. and that works great for me.. If you would like to see the book, let me know... take care.. and stay healthy...
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Solee, Solee, Solee. These maladies are not yours. If you choose to own them they will, in turn, own you. Allow yourself to edge towards perfection.
As for the pills, I take the same ones. They supplement what else is good for me that I also take orally.. three times a day. As for breakfast, I take homemade granola and yogurt. The granola is made with 7 grain, and nuts that are good for me, honey, and coconut oil. All good stuff. This works to lower cholesterol better than some heavily promoted pill can. Take good care of yourself and relax, you'll be fine.
mean uncle neil