Thursday, November 01, 2007

All is Well

Sorry to be in absentia during such a worrisome time. We're fine. No fires near us, just all around us: Escondido is just south, Irvine is just north, Fallbrook is just east, and Julian is just west of us. We saw smoke and some flames from our place, but they were many miles off in the distance. No real danger. Just enough to stir up that instinctual "FIRE BAD!" response in me. I'm not sure if it is related to my control-freak personality, residual caveman genes, or distant childhood memories, but my fear of larger fires borders on the irrational.

Anyway - no problems here. I wish I could say the same for everyone else in Southern California. Fortunately, as a community we have banded together and we're taking care of our own. Thanks for the concern...

I now return you to the regularly scheduled lack of posts. (Hopefully that is a joke, but with report cards and conferences just around the corner, I suspect it's not. Sorry.)

No comments: