Sunday, June 29, 2008

Design Problem

Mikey and I have been trying to exercise for the last couple of days. Our favorite form of exercise is Dance, Dance Revolution, the Playstation game that you play with your feet. I have discovered (or rather re-discovered) a major design flaw.

No, not in the game. In me.

You see, when I start to exercise, I use muscles that I don't usually use. This is a good thing. Except that those muscles tend to protest this new abuse, causing me to ache and walk funny and leave things on the floor because it's too painful to pick them up. This means that the next day it is that much harder to motivate myself to exercise. Because it HURTS.

That is just foolish design. If I didn't hurt so much (and lest you think I actually did damage to myself - I'm a big baby and I'm talking about the normal aches and pains you get when you stop lying on the couch all day long - I am actually just fine), I wouldn't have to work so hard to convince myself that exercise is a good idea. And I wouldn't be so quick to give it up. And I wouldn't feel so guilty. And I wouldn't have to gorge myself on french fries and bad television to make myself feel better. And I wouldn't be so fat and lazy.

This is all a design flaw and has nothing to do with my inability to exert any kind of self-control over myself. So. Who do I sue?

No comments: