Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Uninteresting Entry

I have nothing of any value to say. You should probably stop reading now.

Still here? Fine, but don't complain to me about the keyboard marks on your face from falling asleep 1/2 way through...

Here we are, midway through the first week of the new year. The new decade*, even. Personally, I can only hope that the rest of the year goes this well. I have managed to stick to my new schedule (about 97% successful), I have eaten healthier foods (not hard since I was starting from "popcorn and jalapeno poppers make a complete meal, right?"), and done some things I'm proud of already. So far, I'm taking names and kickin' butt in twenty ten.

That's what I'm calling it, by the way. "Two thousand, ten" is too clunky. I don't have the time or patience for that many syllables. "Saying 'Aught Ten" makes me feel like I should be wearing a bonnet and churning my own butter. Not to mention the fact that I think it's grammatically wrong. Wouldn't that mean 20010**? So I'm going with the short, sweet, and stunningly accurate "twenty ten". Has a nice solid ring to it, no?

Here's where I am tempted to wax poetically about all the things going on in my life, but since there's no reason why anyone but me would care, and since all I really want is a brief reminder of what was happening when I look back on today through the benefit of eagle-eyed hindsight, I'm going to just to a quick bullet point list and leave it at that.

  • managed to get the diet back on track - frustrating to have to re-lose all the poundage I lost over the summer, but that's the price you pay for stuffing yourself like a Thanksgiving turkey and a Christmas goose all rolled up into one.
  • gained even more students on top of the ones we got prior to the break - YAY.
  • muscled through 3 masters essays - making this a serious priority and actually following through
  • lined up several fun and exciting socializing events - D's retirement, K's job change, Sophia meeting, and the 4th annual Groundhog's Day extravaganza are all in the works
  • followed through on my commitment to do good deeds

See? Lots of good. Not much bad. Throwing up lots of gratitude in the direction of the universe and reveling in each minute of Happy while I can. Here's hoping that your year is showering you with goodness, too.

* Screw that "the decade really starts at '01 because of there was no year zero" crap. My relationship with numbers is shaky enough without getting all technical about it. So there.

** Except with the verbiage. Then I'mma get all technical on you. That's just how I roll.

5 comments:

Thom said...

Who will wax your poems if you don't?
Even when you think you have nothing of interest to say your loyal readers feel connected to you through your daily mundanes.

Solange Hommel said...

Luckily, I have the new-dangled no-wax kind of poems. You just run 'em through a carwash and their good to go!
You've heard of a face only a mother could love? This is a post only a father could love! But you thank you for your kind words. I enjoy knowing how my readers react to my thoughts.

Solange Hommel said...

Oops. They're.

Paul said...

You are underestimating a little. An uncle can love it too; or at least like it a lot. I like all the positive feel of it. You are setting the tone for a great decade.

Solange Hommel said...

Thanks, Uncle Paul. :) You're the second person to comment on the positive tone. Didn't realize how upbeat it was until after I went back to reread it. Unintentional happy is very encouraging!