Thursday, February 08, 2007

Busy!

I'm a person who likes to stay a little ahead of the game. I can procrastinate like crazy when I have to write something (Apparently I can only write if there's a deadline hanging over my head. This is something I learned repeatedly in college.), but for the most part I get things done in a timely manner. It makes me nervous to let projects go undone for too long.

This is perhaps why I have been feeling like I am about to cross the stateline between Calm and Overwhelmed. For the last month, I have been working like a maniac to keep ahead of the deadlines that keep coming at me fast and furious. I have become involved in so many things - inservices, school projects, classroom experiments, observations, etc. - that I don't have enough time in the day to devote to all of them.

I suppose I should stop letting people volunteer me for things, but many of them have been out of honor. It feels good to get recognition and I like knowing that I am trusted and respected. Since I can't back out of anything I am currently involved in, I need to just make it to the end of these projects and then avoid starting up too many new ones. Hopefully that will be enough to keep me from moving across that dreaded state line into Overwhelmed.

I've got to run, though. Today is one of the many days recently when I have had to leave my lovely classroom for meetings and trainings. Don't want to be late!

No comments: