Sunday, February 04, 2007

Play!

Yesterday, we had our second annual Groundhog's Day party. It was a small one, with 6 of the 8 families invited cancelling for some reason or another. Never-the-less, a splendid time was had by all who did show, especially the 4 small girls, who had a blast searching for Groundhog shadows in the yard. For the first time in weeks, the sun was out in all its glory. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Back in MN, I would have been worried, what with the threat of extended winter, but around here I am almost tempted to think this means that this winter weather is on its way out. I know, I should know better...what can I say?

Today, My pal "K" and I headed to Solana Beach for lunch and a play. We have season tickets at a rep theatre and so far, we have greatly enjoyed them. Today's play was a Depression Era drama by Eugene O'neill. It was well done, if a bit too melancholy for me. Any excuse to get together with "K" for conversation is wonderful, though.