Sunday, March 23, 2008

Something New

Hi, guys! I'm on spring break, so I thought I might try to do some blogging. The question is - do I have anything interesting to say? And do I remember how to do this? Luckily, I had my password tucked away in a safe place.

To start things off, I'm going to share some of the fun things I will be doing during my break:

1. playing with my dogs and reading
The poor puppies are super lonely for me now that I am working so much. If I sit down in the kennel Mia climbs right into my lap and curls up, determined to stay there. She forgoes dinner in order to snuggle with me whenever possible. This morning, we sat in the sun together while I read an entire Sue Grafton mystery. It's possible I can make pretty good headway through the whole alphabet series with this two week vacation.

2. cleaning
It's amazing how easy it is to ignore clutter and mess when you are working a 12 hour day. Now that I am home during daylight hours I am getting to those chores that have been piling up. Today I managed to do 3 loads of laundry, wash all the dishes, straighten the kitchen, and clean out the fridge and freezer. There's plenty left to do, but it feels good to get things done.

3. tutoring
I have about 4 hours of tutoring lined up for this week. There are more hours next week, but that's Stephanie's week. We've had another big surge of sign ups recently. Hooray, Escuela!

4. master's work
There has been a final exam sitting on my counter for several weeks, and it's about time for me to get it done. I wonder how far I can get on my next class? I make no promises!

5. exercise
My long work hours have done wonders for my diet. Self-control is no longer an issue when there is NO time for eating. However, when I am on vacation, I spend the whole day stuffing my face. I'm trying to do more walking and less munching during this one.

And, of course, I am working on catching up on all the sleep I have missed since my last vacation. With that goal in mind, I am now signing off and tucking myself into bead. G'night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back to bloggerland! You have been missed!

Enjoy your time off.

Hugs,
lady amber