Saturday, February 12, 2005

Speaking of Being Sick...

me: lagging how...not producing?
her: hee hee, might have something to do with 4 of my drugs having insomnia as a side effect
her: yeah it takes longer for it [my darling kidney] to wash out all the fluid
her: I'm almost certain it's just the drug
her: but we are watching it pretty closley anyway
me: i'll have a chat with her...can't have her falling down on the job
me: not that she'll listen to me...you know how they are once they leave home...
her: it's got to be hard working when the whole body is in sick mode
me: no kidding
me: i was working on an equation the other day.
her: they are more likley to appreciate your advice once they leave home
her: what equation were you working on?
me: something about how the bodies energy level must be greater than or equal to the total of regular activity + recovery from illness activity + whatever the world throws at you on any given day
her: in that case I'm screwed
her: although I often balance the equation by lowering the regular activity because recovery from illness activity takes up most of what is allowed in the equation
me: i was trying to explain why i got knocked for a loop by a simple cold when normally they don't phase me. it's because my regular energy need is up as i bulk up the remaining kidney, my sick energy was already being tapped from an infection, and my energy income was low because of the diet i'm on.
me: seee...that's the trick
me: to tweak the equation where you can to balance the parts you can't help
her: yeah
her: in fact i"m doing that right now
her: if I were feeling well I would go and get a freezer and a card file and then go hang out at my store
me: but that would increase your RE needs...
her: yeah
her: and I'm not balancing the equation well as it is
her: the healing needs may outweigh the energy even if I don't add the other two things
me: is it YOU not balancing it well, or the fact that you have a fucked up equation to start with?
her: hee hee, I think it's the equation
me: so you gotta just do what you can
her: you have to factor drugs into both sides of the equation
her: it lowers both sides
her: which is nice on the healing side. . . not so nice on the energy side
me: and the energy income side can only be tweaked so much...if you up it too much you are just getting fat.
me: you = people
me: not you=you
her: hee hee
me: i gotta get some lunch...working on my EI, you know

No comments: