Sunday, December 18, 2005

Story #2

Again, some background info:
1) I have an amazing ability to fight off just about any bug out there until a non-work day.
2) I have been fighting off a bug (or possibly a combination of the many my students have been carrying) for the last two weeks.

Early Sunday morning, I woke up with a scratchy throat and a slight headache. This was not entirely unexpected since it was the first day of my vacation. Obviously the baby cold that I had experienced the weekend before was back for more. By ten, I was feeling badly enough to uninvite myself from the cookie party I had planned to attend. By noon, I was starting a 2 hour nap. And by three o'clock, I was lying on the living room floor trying to distract myself from the aches and pains by watching a movie. At 7:30, I was being tucked under the down comforter with a thermometer in my mouth. Normally, I tend to run cold. It is not unusual for me to have a temperature of 97 degrees. Last night, I came in at a toasty 101.7! No wonder I was shaking like a leaf. Fortunately, some tylenol and a cool rag were enough to help me drop off to sleep. At about 1:30 this morning, I woke up drenched in sweat and feeling MUCH, MUCH better. If I could just shake this cough and stop my nose from leaking, I would be back to my regular ol' self.

So, I have two questions for you.
First - is 98.6 your norm? Or are you a freak like me?
Second - can you explain why my body feels the need to fight like crazy to keep my going to work, but caves at the first sign of a bug when I am on vacation?

No comments: