Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Random Ramblings

Not much to say...just little tidbits...

1. We ordered a solar powered charger for the electric fence. I should say potential electric fence because we haven't put it up or anything, but we have cleared the fence on 2 of the 4 sides. Anyway, the charger finally showed up yesterday. While reading the instructions, we noticed that it showed a series of little shadow animals representing its many uses: a pig, a goat, a sheep, a deer (?), a cow...wait a minute! Where is the little shadow doggie? No dog. Then we see the very last line in the instruction manual. "This charger should NOT be used to contain pets or dogs." WTF??? They coulsdn't mention this on the website? Sigh. So here's the thing. It is a small charger. I can't find an output measurement anywhere, but it says it is good for 5 miles or 10 acres. It is low-impedence, it pulses, and it has a 4 V input battery. We will be putting it on a fence surrounding 2 acres (not sure of exact perimeter) in such a way so that it covers both the top and bottom of the fence. Since electricity is scary and unfathomable to me, I am humbly begging for the expertise of my readers. Am I going to kill or even hurt my dogs (beyond a corrective nip) with this charger if I use it? (It's an online purchase that has already been opened or I would just send it back and try again.) If you need more information, I would be happy to supply it.

2. "Dude! I got a arm!" I haven't even seen the barnyard movie that is coming out (not even sure what it's called), but I can't stop saying this line that I heard during a preview. My name is Isha and I have a problem.

3. We bought some solar powered malibu lights today and they are sparkling out there in the front yard as I type. Puuuurty.

4. My 10th year high school reunion is happening this weekend. I am not going to be there. Honestly, I can only think of 3 people I am really interested in seeing. (That number would just about double if they combined our reunion with the one from the previous graduation year.) I had many aquaintences, but not many friends in high school. I didn't feel like I fit in much (who does?) and I never really "got" what most of my classmates were doing. Although I am mildly curious what has happened to them - who got fat? who got kids? who is making a million dollars? - it's not enough to motivate me to travel thousands of miles and spend hundreds of dollars so that I can relive the isolated, alienated, "I'm-just-not-like-these-people" feeling I remember so well from my high school dances. However, it has given me the opportunity to get in touch with one of those special 3 and that is definitely a good thing. What I would really like? A chance to time travel back to my high school years. Not to relive them, but to be a fly on the wall, observing myself and those around me. I would be in a much better position to find out what I was really like and what they really thought of me. Because all I can remember is being a freak and thinking that they thought I was a freak. Ugh.

5. I have offially become the first official beta-tester on Mikey's latest game, Loonyland II: Winter Woods. Officially. (Heh. If you haven't seen Clerks: The Animated Series you aren't living your life to the fullest.) This means that I get to sit around playing all afternoon while Mikey takes notes. It's fun. Especially since part of my job is to help him tweak the balance. At this point, I am making way too much money, buy way too powerful weapons, and kicking WAY too much monster butt. I suspect that will be changed by tomorrow. Anway. Let it be known that this game is fun and it rocks. Officially.

6. Let me end this rediculous ramble of the random by saying that Sarah Silverman is a very funny woman and it's a good thing that God has a better sense of humor than most humans or she would be burning in hell for all eternity. The irony and sarcasm, it is delicious. If you can understand the difference between what a comic says and what they are "saying" then you should immediately run out and get a copy of Silverman's stand up comedy movie, Jesus is Magic. If you think that Stephen Colbert is a Bush supporter, you should just forget I said anything. You can't say I didn't warn you.

Adios, mis muchachos!

No comments: