Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Summer is off to a great start, if I may be so braggardly. I am feeling rested already - it's amazing how good it feels to NOT be responsible for anything important - and I am actually accomplishing things here and there.

Yesterday was a trip to the big city, complete with a Kohl's shopping spree (courtesy of my students!), an hour in the dentist's chair (no cavities!), and a trip to the grocery store. I also stopped by school to grab my files so that I can work from home rather than going in to get organized. I currently have approximatly 10 file boxes full of teaching stuff. I will be wrangling it into some sort of usefulness over the next two months.

Today started with an hour of gardening, resulting in a weed-free garden, thinned corn, and planted wildflowers in the bare spots. (NONE of my herbs came up. :( I hope the flowers do better.) I also started some laundry, did the dishes, toasted up some homemade croutons, finished one unit on my "Strategic Issues Management" class, and swept the kitchen. I know that doesn't sound exciting to you...but it feels darn good to have all that done and still have an afternoon to goof around.

We have ordered a solar-powered electric fence kit. Once I get it set up, the dogs will be allowed limited outdoor freedom. I can't stand that they aren't able to do any running. They have been doing very well with their training. Not only are they very well behaved on the leash now, but they are starting to resist the urge to chase and bark when they see a rabbit. Hopefully, their newfound self-control combined with the electric fence will make it possible for them to get some running time.

Um. I think that is it. I am off to do some well-deserved reading. :)

Oh - if you are interested in working toward an "oil-free congress", you might want to check out the information here. MoveOn.org has a letter you can sent to your representative asking them to make a pledge refusing to take money from the oil industry. Check it out.

No comments: