Monday, September 18, 2006

Stuff

I will do as Kathy suggested and videotape the project in its final glory if it should happen to reach that stage. :) Thanks to all who are adding to my list of names.

- - - -

It is amazing how much of a difference a couple of kids can make. I usually have about 30 in my room. Today, with 4 absent, I kept thinking, "Why is it so quiet in here?" Of coure, it can make a difference WHICH kids are gone sometimes. This time it was more a product of just 4 fewer bodies/voices/issues.

- - - -

Scholastic Book Clubs (a wonderful setup that has netted me many free books for both my classroom library and my resource library) has a great online ordering thing. It is quick and easy. Unless every other click leads you to an error page. Ugh. I hope it is back to normal tomorrow.

- - - -

Mikey and I set up a double looped walking/jogging track on our property. If you complete both loops you travel 1/3 of a mile. This evening, as soon as I got home, we walked the whole thing 3 times. Hooray us. We are also trying to eat more fresh fruits and veggies as snacks instead of chips and candy. We were very successful with that today (I nearly turned into a bunny!) Where are we getting the motivation for this? Over the weekend we bought a new bathroom scale. If you stand on it barefoot, it can measure your bodyfat. Quite the motivator.

- - - -

On the same trip that we bought the scale, we also got some bathroom towels, clothing, video games, and a remarkable number of other items that we didn't actually need. It's a good thing we don't go to town together very often.

- - - -

Time for bed. I am exhausted tonight (YAWN) and I have an important and potentially stressful meeting first thing in the morning. Sleep well, all.

No comments: