Wednesday, April 09, 2008

It's a disease. I have no control.

I think that Submarina puts some kind of habit forming drug in their sandwiches. I am SO addicted. It has gotten to the point that they start putting the sandwich together as soon as they see my car pull up (okay, not really, but almost!). The order is always the same.

Two foot-long Combo Cheeses on whole wheat. Every cheese except the American (that means we get Provolone, Pepper Jack, Swiss, and Cheddar), lots of lettuce, and a little onion on both. Tomatoes, black olives, and cucumbers on one. Oil and vinegar on the other. Plenty of mayo (I know, bad for me, but SOOOO tasty!) and salt/pepper on both. Cut them in quarters.

Yum. I could eat at Submarina every night and be perfectly happy. Seriously.

Oh. And in case you're wondering. I have tried many times to replicate this sandwich at home. I worked in a deli making sandwiches for years. You would think I could manage. But, no. It never tastes the same. There is some kind of addictive secret ingredient somewhere (I think it's in the bread!) with which homemade sandwiches just can't compete.

No comments: