Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mountains in Springtime

What the desert flowers lack in stamina they make up in enthusiasm. The flowers on our hills have gone CRAZY. There are great swaths of purple and yellow all along my commute. It is so much fun to drive these days.

I have read about people having trouble going from the one environment to another because of the differences in the horizon. Cowboys who feel too confined by the mountains or those from the forests who feel that the plains are too open for safety. I enjoy all types of environments, but I am finding that the mountains are my very favorites. I have been living in CA for 8 years and I have been commuting through the mountains for 3 years now. I STILL am awed and inspired by the sight of the hills fading from blue to gray in the distance. Amazing.

No comments: