Sunday, November 20, 2005

Knitting Fool

I have been knitting up a storm. I am actually wondering if there might not be a way for me to earn some extra cash here...but that would make it work, not play. Anyway - here's what I've got so far.



This is one of my first attempts at changing colors and patterns. It is about 5 feet long, not including the fringes. It was made with long, cold hockey games in mind.



I just made this scarf today. It is a double knit - a solid light brown coupled with a nobby verigated blue/brown yarn. I am fairly pleased with the results, but I should have made it longer (it is 4 ft. long).



While I was knitting this scarf, Mikey kept telling me that it looked like something a vampire would wear. It is 4 ft. single knit with a light, feathery yarn.



This was one of two scarves I knit yesterday. I know a pair of twin girls who just love anything "princess". This one is double knit with faux fur type yarn paired with plain old white. I am very pleased with this look and I will be making more like it as soon as I get more white yarn.



Here's a very straightforward design. I started with a bright, verigated yarn and just kept knitting. The only think I don't like about it is that the synthetic yarn collected quite a bit of static electricity as I worked. It is very light and child-friendly, however.



The second of the "princess" scarves. The yarn was already doubled - solid pink base and a verigated feathery addition - so I just knit it up. I made the ends wider than the middle for a little fun.



I am currently working on one that has a solid black base paired with a brighter, feathery yarn. It is mostly electric blue with some orange, yellow, pink, and green stripes. I am reducing and adding stitches regularly to make it a kind of wavery shape. I'm not sure if I like the color scheme yet, but I am quite happy with the design.

No comments: