Sunday, April 15, 2007

My Day

Yesterday was a fabulous day.

In the first game (softball), I got to see my student hit against a very difficult pitcher. She didn't hit the ball very far, but the other team wasn't expecting it and she managed to get to 2nd base (thanks in part to an overthrow at 1st). She was grinning so much I thought the top of her head might fall off!

The classroom part of the day was super productive. I had 2 girls there helping me from 10:30 until almost 4:00. It was like having 3 of me in the room. I would tell each of them what to do and then go work on something else. I had planned it well enough that I always had a couple of things that they could do with no assistance from me and something I had to do on my own. We flew through a bunch of things on the list before 12:30.

I took them to lunch as a special treat for helping me. They were so funny about it. "The others aren't going to believe that we rode in the teacher's car!!" It was fun. After lunch, we got a call from some of the guys. They were nearby and didn't have anything to do so they stopped in to help out for awhile.

With 5 kiddos working for me, we got through quite a few more projects. Honestly, I think it was about the same amount as we would have gotten with just us girls, though. Everyone was quite distracted by those of the opposite gender. :) It was funny to watch how everyone kept switching jobs to work with someone else. After a few minutes, I knew who liked who! :) The boys left at about 4:00 (they were getting a little rammy), and the girls took off shortly after that. I spent 2 more hours doing last minute touches and when I left around 6:00, it looked BEAUTIFUL in my room. I am actually excited to have company on Monday. :)

Then I got to reward myself with another ball game. Baseball this time, with one of my boys and his brother playing. They both had some good plays, although their team lost pretty badly. I had a great time cheering them on. That game didn't end until 9:30. I headed home and fell into bed, tired but happy.

No comments: