Saturday, May 19, 2007

These Days

SO...It turns out that the more things change, the more they stay the same. :) Since that is a work related complaint, I'm going to leave it at that.

Some things I CAN talk about...

There are only 19 days of school left. This would be a very exciting thought if it weren't for all the stuff I have to do between now and then. It's a might overwhelming. The one redeeming factor is that no matter what, it will all be over by June 15th. :)

I am taking a few students on a bonus (re: expensive) field trip to the East Coast immediately following the last day of school. We will be going to Jamestown, Colonial Williamsburg, Monticello, Mount Vernon, and Washington, D.C. It's going to be a whirlwind tour (the 15th to the 20th), but I am very much looking forward to it. I have never been to the birthplace of our country, and I am very interested to see these places I teach about with my own eyes.

The puppies have been much better lately. They still get kenneled when we aren't around (which means we have to be around most of the time - goodbye summer trip!) and during the night, but they are respecting the fence enough to be trusted out during daylight hours.

Things are going well for the most part. While the work situation remains chaotic (and will stay that way until the end of the year, I'm sure), home continues to be calm and relaxing. Everyone is healthy (thank goodness for Airborne!) and happy. What more can I ask?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Hello,
Glad to see my little pups are respecting the voltage again. Perhaps that's what the school district needs to regain an appreciation for teachers. Just a thought.
I have another interview at Cloquet Middle School on tuesday for a Special Ed. position. It would be a lot closer than Ashland and the school is only a fourth of the size - both are appealing to me though middle school isn't exactly my cup of coffee.
Keep healthy and happy. I Love you.
Daddy