Saturday, October 08, 2005

Fall Festival

My school does an annual fundraiser called the Fall Festival. Each class is responsible for a booth (face painting, hot dogs, ring toss, etc.), as well as putting together a themed basket (game night, BBQ, mom's day out, etc.) to be raffled off. On the afternoon in question, the booths get set up and local families swarm the school grounds. Each booth requires some specified number of tickets, which are purchased at the enterance.

This year, we had the Golf (putting) Booth and the "Italian Food" themed basket. Fortunately, parent volunteers did all the organizing and gathering and prepping. (I have AMAZING parent help this year.) All I had to do was man the booth for an hour. It was lots of fun, especially watching the little ones try to hold the club! Everyone got three tries and won either a candy treat (for trying) or a toy treat (for getting the ball to stay on the green). I got home at about 8:00, tired but happy.

I allowed myself to sleep in, hoping that would be all it took to recover. Not so. I have sore muscles in places I didn't know there were muscles. I guess all the repetitive bending involved in placing and collecting those golf balls took its toll on me. I should probably try to get more active, rather than just being grateful that I don't have to do this again until next year.

No comments: