Saturday, March 11, 2006

2 Feet, Easily!

It has been snowing all day, so despite the above freezing temps, we still have 2 feet of snow in our yard. The dogs have been bounding around in it, thoroughly enjoying themselves. I have been alternating between the cozy warmth of my living room and the windy excitement of my winter wonderland. I thought I would share some pictures:

First, you can see what it looked like yesterday shortly after the snow started. When I left for work in the morning things were brown and dusty like usual. Mike said that nothing was really sticking to the ground until the afternoon.



Then it started snowing like it meant it.



This morning, everything was covered with a thick, heavy blanket of white. The dog kennel looked particularly pretty.



The redshank bushes were all bowed under the weight of all that sticky snow. The whole place looked different. We finally realized that it was because we could see over the bushes in places we normally can't. I am somewhat concerned that we are going to have lots of broken branches when this is over, but I guess that isn't the end of the world.



Since there are some things you never outgrow, I immediately felt the need to make a snowangel. Trooper was eager to "help".



I knew the cats would be facinated by the snow, so I brought some in for them to explore. Mostly, they just glared at it from across the room. Ollie was the brave one. He dug into it a little and chased the mini-snowballs I threw for him.



In the afternoon, I decided to make a snowman. It was so much fun that I built him a snowdog to take for a walk. The real dogs were quite confused by my interest in this particular patch of snow and took to licking the snow creatures. I had to repair the snowdog's nose after Mia took a nibble off of it!



I am so glad that I have kept my flannel-lined jeans, Steeger mukluks, and choppers handy despite the SoCal location. I am putting them to good use this year!

No comments: