Friday, March 10, 2006

Grandma News

My mother's mother had a stroke yesterday at about lunch time. She exhibited the classic signs: slurred speech, drooping facial features, and inhibited motor movements on the left side. My mom and the doctor decided to try a newer drug which basically dissolves blood clots. It can be somewhat risky, since it doesn't differentiate between dangerous clots and beneficial ones. Within a few minutes of administration, grandma was looking better and by last night she was back to raising trouble for the nursing home staff. I have been told that she is still in some danger (injuries unable to clot for a day or so, blood vessels in her brain which were injured could simply give way), she is pretty much recovered from it. Since I didn't hear anything today, I am assuming the best for her. Please keep her in your thoughts.

No comments: