Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Classic Combo of Werewolves and Pudding

Driving home I had several thoughts and I jotted down reminders about them, so here I am remembering them!

1. I was listening to a great station (I'm still not sure what it is called, but they have some awesome programming) and their news update came on. The tidbits went something like this:

blah blah protesters being doused with flammable liquid in country Y blah blah government taking away civil rights in country X blah blah blah new diseases found to be destroying animal N blah blah blah study shows risk of cancer Z is up blah blah blah air pollution rating in city W at all time high blah blah blah bus filled with children and old people attacked by people irrate over the change in time of their favorite sitcom blah blah blah

Okay. I admit I made up that last one, but the rest are all based on fact. There was not ONE single piece of good news reported. This place is going to hell in a rocket powered handbasket. And yet, I don't just give up and crawl into the mountains to die. I credit the 10 year olds.

2. You know how those low-rider jeans are really short from crotch to waist? And you know how some people think they look sexy when they wear them, when in fact their butts just look twice as wide? Well, tonight I was driving behind a truck that looked just like that. I know those people thought their mega-wide truck made them look cool, but they just looked twice as dumb.

3. International Women's Day. Today is our day. I would like to thank the women in my life who are a constant inspiration to me. For Mom, Kathy, Verena, Shanta, Lexi, Sue, Julie, Nicole, Gramma Jeanne, Gramma Ann, Gramma Lorraine, Gramma Mary, Kate, Lynn, Raya, Amy, Sandy, Tori, Sarah, Amber, Maria, Julia, Kakey, Cindy, Ann, Patty, Kathy, Kelly, Pam, and all the other women who touch my life in unknown ways every day:
Thank you for your strength, your fragility, your pride, your fears, your confidence, your concern, your comfort, your love, your anger, your cooperation, and your serenity.

No comments: