Thursday, March 02, 2006

So Much to Say, So Little Time

I have had oodles of interesting thoughts lately, but all of my time has been consumed by testing and grading and writing out report cards. The end of second trimester is just about my least favorite time of year, especially since district officials, in their infinite wisdom, keep adding new tests and new BS paperwork. I might not have made it through Wednesday if it weren't for that amazing, caffinated rice crispie bar that arrived at my classroom door just before 9 a.m. (a thousand thank yous!!) At this point, I am just about done and things are returning to normal, but on Tuesday I was frighteningly close to a nervous breakdown. You know, the kind of close where you either have to laugh yourself out of it or actually have the damn thing. Needless to say (but I'm going to say it anyway, so there!), I don't really remember all the interesting thoughts, but I'm going to try for a recap here.

-------

The other day my pal, "A", gave me a barking collar so I can make an attempt at curbing Troopers early morning reminders that "It's time to let me out of this cage, Woman!" I happened to be holding it as I picked up my class for the morning. (On a totally, utterly unrelated sidenote - I have about 5 students who don't even stop making noise to take a breath.) One of my students saw the collar and innocently asked, "Is someone going to wear that?" I would be lying if I said I didn't have the briefest of lovely visions of a quiet classroom, before I explained that it was for the dog.

------

I have been listening to a couple of Indigo Girls albums obsessively in the car lately. I am pretty sure I am supposed to be getting an important message, either for myself or to pass on, but I am not sure what it is supposed to be. If you are expecting a message from the universe regarding relationships, give me a buzz...I may have intercepted it accidentally.

------

The dogs are still here. I am enjoying them.

------

Our cupboards are filled with food items that I bought when I was hungry. This means that when I look at them now, I often think "What the hell???" As of today, all the food I like is gone and we still have enough food in the house to feed a small...well, medium sized...army of locusts. It is rediculous. I am tempted to make myself finish off all the crap floating around before I go food shopping again, but that just doesn't sound appetizing. And it wouldn't be fair to Mike.

-----

I know that the above stories don't really illustrate it well, but I have been having interesting thoughts. It's just that my brain is tired and useless by the time I am able to sit down to the computer. My most abject apologies!

No comments: