Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Overheard

These are some of the things I heard just today that encourage and inspire and drive me to be at school tomorrow. And tomorrow. And tomorrow.

"Mrs. H? I think I fully grasp this concept now."

"I hate my life."

"Mrs. H makes coming to school fun."

"He's itching all over, but we think it's a physical reaction to the stress he's been under."

"That was fun!"

"I got lost trying to solve this multiplication problem. Can you show me how to do it?"

"Can we have writing time EVERY day?"

"Is this a good book? Do you think I would like it?"

"Can I help you?"

"Oh! I know the answer to his question. I'll show him."

"Ungh. I forgot my binder at home again."

All this from or about kids I have known for roughly 10 days. I am already needed and loved and trusted. This is going to be a great year.

No comments: