Thursday, February 03, 2005

Can I Just Tell You?

Have you ever noticed how certain people use certain phrases often enough that they become eternally connected in your mind? Some phrases that make me think of specific people...

"Can I just tell you..." - my best bud at school uses this one all the time. It is cute.

"I was SOOOOO mad." - This is my sister 110%. She used to say this all the time as a teenager and we used to all tease her about it. I hope she knows it was because it was funny, not because we were making fun of her.

"...on the whole entire face of the world." - My pal from college used to say this all the time and it would drive me crazy. There is just something wrong about it. I can't pinpoint what exactly, but it's not right.

"So, here's the thing..." - I'm not sure which of us started it, but this is a very common phrase in our house. It is always followed by, "So, what's the thing?" Always.

What are the phrases that instantly bring a face to your mind? What's the story behind them?

No comments: