Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Automobile Observations #2

On Perception

Perception is an interesting thing. Especially how they can differ from one person to another. What I see as beneficial, you might see as detrimental. What you find enjoyable, might be torture to me. It all boils down to how we see things and interpret them. So many of the worlds troubles come from this simple thing.


On Power

"What if everyone did just what I said?"
~a song on the radio that I can't name and am too lazy to Google

There are many reasons why I became a teacher, but I would be lying if I said power wasn't one of them. As a teacher I have an incredible amount of power over the people with whom I spend most of my time. Kids and parents alike, for the most part, look up to me as an expert and listen to/respect/act upon what I say. That is at once an emboldening and humbling thought.

No comments: