Monday, September 26, 2005

Questions

Recently, I was asked what kind of student I was as a child. And I had no idea how to answer. I don't know. I remember my friends from elementary school. I remember my teachers. But I have no idea what I was like then.

So here are some questions for those in the know...

Did my teachers have to remind me to speak up? Or shut up?
Did I turn in my homework? Did I do my homework? Did I even know I had homework?
Did I work hard? Or hardly work?
Was I living up to my potential? (I suspect the answer to this one is "no".)
Did I keep to myself or tell my teachers every little detail?
Was I shy? Outgoing? Confident? Comfortable?
Was I organized? Or did it look like a tornado had gone through my desk?

I often look at my students and see bits of myself as I am now. I wish I could tell which ones were like me THEN.

No comments: