Monday, July 31, 2006

Clerks II

Yes, I saw it.

Yes, I laughed my fool head off.

Yes, I am mortified that you will think badly of me for doing so.

This is not a movie for the faint of heart, although it did have a very strong, important message (forget about what you are "supposed" to do and do what makes you happy). Mr. Kevin Smith is taking his own advice and doing what he likes, which seems to be making sophmoric jokes at a witty, rapid-fire pace. Fortunately, I am a fan of rapid-fire, sophmoric humor. If you liked Jay, Silent Bob, and their raunchy, politically inappropriate friends in Clerks, you will enjoy this second peek into their slacker lives. Oh, and there were plenty of those disturbingly gross, yet oddly realistic conversational gambits that Kevin Smith is so good at writing.

No comments: