Monday, July 03, 2006

Progress and Not Progress

I have finished the first unit of my Research Methodology class. I am really enjoying the book - clearly written and factually based (unlike the overly biased and rambling piece of crap I am reading for my other class)- and the format is much friendlier. Not to mention that the information about research is facinating. With my penchant for organization and labelling, perhaps I should have become a research scientist. Oh yeah...the math. Nevermind.
I have also finished the third unit in the aforementioned "other class". I'm not really enjoying this one as much, since it feels like I am slogging through a 200 page info-mercial - lots of weighted language and very little balance. And I am getting tired of regergitating information for my essay answers. The questions go something like this...
Charter schools are bad. How do you feel about charter schools? Copy the three reasons from page 103 to explain why you hate them.

Okay, so it isn't quite that bad, but pretty darn close.

The Not Progress is in the area of electrical fences. We have decided to go ahead with the fence and the solar panel in question. The top wire is on and the only thing stopping us from doing the bottom wire is a lack of supplies (back to Home Depot!). The problem lies in the grounding rods. We're supposed to stick those giant metal poles 6 feet into the ground. Yeah, RIGHT. It's not easy to dig around here anyway, and to make matters even more exciting frustrating we keep hitting rock. Ugh. But I haven't given up yet. The thought of my darling puppies getting to run free is still driving me on. I just hope that this works.

No comments: