Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Happy Anniversary to Us!!!

Today is our first wedding anniversary. I have been married for one year, 4 hours and 43 minutes. Approximately. And I have loved every single second of it. Mikey and I were talking about our favorite things about the past year and we agreed that there are two things that make us a super duper couple. First, we both commented on how being together makes the most mundane things more fun. Just knowing that the other is there to share thoughts and ideas and experiences with, makes all those things more exciting. Second, we are FUN. We are good at making everything in our lives into some kind of game or adventure. We make the most of things and we spend much of our time together laughing. This has been an amazing year and I can't wait to see what happens in the next one. We have both decided that we are re-upping for another year.

To celebrate we had a "Day of Fun". First we made pancakes for breakfast. We ate them while watching a movie. After that, we had lunch at one of our favorite places, caught a movie in the theatre (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen), and then had Ben and Jerry's. We stopped off at home to drop of leftovers and then went to Mulligan's. Mulligan's is the local mini-golf/fun park. We played a total of 3 rounds of golf (60-56-Mikey, 55-51-Mikey, 37-38-Soleil), many arcade games and several games of skill/chance. I got to buy lottery tickets and am currently 7 dollars richer than I was this morning. I will be buying more tickets with my winnings.

If that day doesn't make you green with envy, than I have to assume that you have no idea what fun really is. And the best part was sharing it all with Mikey. :)

No comments: