Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Last night our neighbors across the back fence (yeah, the ones I've mentioned before) woke us up at 3:30 am. This is their favorite time of night to hang out in their backyard, shouting curses to each other and playing loud music. We close the windows, turn on the fan and generally try to ignore it (difficult since they sound like they are in our backyard). Last night I was up and ready to call the cops because I heard them climbing a fence. A couple of obnoxiously drunk voices were stage whispering to each other:

"Hehehe. Shhh. C'mon"
"There! Grab that toy over there."
"AHAHAH! I dropped it."
"Quiet! heeheehee."
"Here, throw this."

Then there were more scrambling-over-fence noises and eventually the voices went back inside. I almost wanted them to climb into my yard so I could sic the cops on them. I was up and waiting, rehearsing what I was going to shout out the window as I dialed. Lucky for them they didn't come my way. The next morning I saw several kids toys and a mop on the sidewalk outside our housing development. Bastards.

No comments: