Wednesday, July 02, 2003

When I was a kid, my dad was vegetarian (still is, actually). None of the rest of us were, but we ate lots of vegetarian stuff because that is what he cooked. One of the things I really liked were Gardenburgers. Now that Mikey and I are attempting the vegetarian lifestyle ourselves I am always looking for tasty things to add to our diet so that I don't miss meat as much. (I am vegetarian against my tastebuds wishes and I am constantly trying to placate them.) So far I have found many interesting meat substitutes. My favorite??

Gardenburger's Herb Crusted Cutlets. These things ROCK. They are so tasty (we make them into an Italian Sandwich kind of thing) and the texture, always the most important test for both Mikey and me, is wonderful. Even if you aren't a veggie head like us, I suggest you try them. Put them on a bun with mayo, lettuce, tomato, and plenty of mozzarella cheese. YUM.

PS - I also like the interesting things written all over the boxes. Tasty and fun to read. What more can you ask for?
PPS - We also enjoyed the Meatless Riblets.

No comments: