Friday, October 10, 2003

Everybody's Workin' for the Weekend!

No, I didn't get lost in the IKEA warehouse. I have been working hard this week so that I can once again have a weekend free from school. It's been a good week. Busy, but good.

The class is now separated into individual desks, and we are doing mostly individual work instead of groups. This helps the kids focus and remember that they need to be working without talking.

Anyone who has missing work is on lunch detention for the day. On Wednesday, I had 17 of my 23 students in. Yesterday, it was 15. Someday, I will once again be able to leave my room and eat lunch with grownups, but for now I am just happy to see work getting turned in. :) I finally found something that has some meaning to the students.

I am still having the same big behavior issues - complete lack of organization in some, complete lack of respect for other - but we are working on those things and it can only get better. Now, please excuse me. I have to get everything done today so that I can head back down to IKEA and buy all those things I looked at last weekend!

No comments: