Saturday, October 04, 2003

Memories

The sound of loud, excited teenaged voices nudged me from my sleep at approximately 6:00 am this morning. Instead of irritating me, it brought back memories of early morning awakenings in my childhood. All the fun trips start at the crack of dawn: the visits to Grandma and Grandpa's, the airport runs to Mexico and Hawaii, the cross-country treks to New Jersey and the Atlantic Ocean. There is something about waking up before the sun, stumbling through your morning routine and collapsing into the backseat of the old stationwagon that signifies the start of something wondersful. As I laid awake, I remembered and I wished those boys the best weekend they could have. Someday, they will be wakened by rowdy teenagers and I hope they remember too.

No comments: