Friday, October 03, 2003

Overworked and overtired

I was at school until 9 pm tonight. I had to get everything done that I would have done on Sunday because I am NOT going to do any work for the next two days. I am just too tired and too overwhelmed. I have done nothing but eat, sleep and breath work for the last month and a half and it's just too much. I cried when I got home today. I was just too tired to do anything else. The frustration and stress have reached their breaking points.

Despite being at work for nearly 14 hours today I still have a pile of thing that need to be done. I have several assignments that need grading and recording. I have planning that could be done. I have assessments to give about half of my students as well as writing conferences that need to be had. I need to do observations and I need to look at the end of trimester tests that will be happening MUCH too soon. To top it all off...I have a book to read for staff development. All this, and no time to do it in. It is all I can do to keep things running in the classroom all day long and at the end of each day my To Do pile is taller and taller.

All I can do is my best, but that just isn't good enough these days.

No comments: