Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Automobile Observations

(This is a series of thoughts and observations I have had in my little red car between home and school.)

* This morning I watched the car in front of me hit a dog. The last time I saw an animal hit by a vehicle was in my mom's car on the way to school as a highschooler. She hit a bird. I was thrown into shock as I watched that poor dog rebound off the side of the truck this morning. I was numb for a few minutes and then spent the rest of the trip wiping away tears. I spent the day mourning the loss of a life.

* The little gas station situated on a fairly isolated curve of my trip home is always quite pricey. This week it was the first to show a $3.00+ price. By this evening it is up to $3.09. Yowza. The Chevron that keeps our cars in motion is currently charging $2.81/gallon.

* Life is NOT a poker game. You are dealt a hand, but that is as far as it goes. In life you can pick up cards along the way. You can discard the cards you don't like. And most importantly, you can make up the rules as you go. If your hand is better for Go-Fish, great. Have a super Bridge hand? Wonderful. It's sad when someone is too busy hating their Poker hand to realize that they have a winning Crazy 8s hand.

No comments: