Saturday, August 27, 2005

Back to School!

After a week of 6 hour days with them, I am ready to say that I am going to have fun with my class this year. They have already shown themselves to be fairly cooperative, to have a witty sense of humor, and to be able to tell when it is time to stop testing the teacher before that vein in her head pops and those of us who live regret it for eternity. That is to say that while they are not perfect, they are pretty darn close to it. We're gonna have a good year.

Other signs of happiness to come:
~ several parents who are highly interested in volunteering weekly
~ better inter-team communication than I was expecting
~ the return of the photocopier that they decided to take away from us

I have set the bar high (especially regarding homework completion and personal responsibility) in my room and I am pleased to report that the students are showing every sign of knocking it aside as they blow right past it. The parents are also showing signs of exceptional interest and involvement. I'm already looking forward to Monday. Or I will be once I get a nap.

No comments: