Sunday, August 07, 2005

Plugged In

This weekend I have spent the majority of my waking hours playing either the Sims Unleashed or Rise of Nations. Because of this I am spending the majority of my sleeping hours doing the same. :) Anyone who has obsessively played a computer game knows what I'm talking about.

I have started gathering my things for the big trip. Any information about the current and upcoming weather in the MN/WI areas would be appreciated. I always pack way too many things, and I am hoping that I can manage to have at least a few of them actually useful.

Mikey and I played Monopoly yesterday. What an awful game. It is just so random (drove the game designer in Mikey nuts) and frustrating. And, if playing with two non-competitive people, pointless.

The weather continues to please us here at Casa de Anza. We wake up to beautiful weather. As the morning wanes, we start to hear thunder in the distance. The afternoon rolls in with a brief storm and then the sun comes back out and everything is beautiful again. I couldn't ask for better.

Bonsai went for a car ride with us yesterday, just for fun. He was trying to sneak outside as we left, so I scooped him up and snuggled him on my lap while we ran to the PeeOhBox. At first, he was scared, all hunched down in my lap, but by the time we hit Anza he was looking out the window avidly and by the time we got home he was purring with the joy of it all. Perhaps he will be our MailGetting cat from now on.

I'm sitting here trying to think of all the things that made me think "I should blog that" and failing. I didn't turn on the Komputar yesterday due to storms and game playing so many of my thoughts drifting off with the passing storm. Drat.

No comments: