Sunday, January 01, 2006

A Very Very Very Fine House

When I am working, I leave home at 7 am (or earlier) and return sometime after 5 pm. I spend my time at home grading papers, doing chores, or sleeping. There is very little time left over for anything else, but I am pretty okay with that. I like my job and find it rewarding enough to keep on keeping on, mostly because it provides me with ample vacation time for rejuvination.

When I am on vacation, I like to stay at home. I sometimes go days without setting foot outside. Within these walls are all the things I need - food, comfort, entertainment, and Mikey. If my cupboards are stocked and my bookshelves filled, I am perfectly content.

Of course, the main reason I can be so happy within these 1800 square feet is that my time here is so limited. And so I look forward to my return to school, partly because it means I am that much closer to the next time I can curl up in my chair, crank up the music, and read until my butt is numb!

No comments: