Saturday, May 07, 2005

Butts Have Been Kicked

I had a large Coke with my lunch yesterday, and that always makes me a little aggressive. So throughout the day I managed to take care of several irritating problems.

1. The Mayo was asking for my insurance information "just in case" they needed someone to cover the costs of my recent surgery. Since a) my insurance is CRAP and was not consulted in the decision to have elective donor surgery and b) I was assured beforehand that I would NOT be responsible for any of the cost, I was a bit concerned about this. A quick call to my coordinator and all was set right.

2. Our lawn guy has failed to show up 2 weeks in a row. Since we are paying him good money to mow our lawn, this is not acceptable. I left a message to this effect on his voice mail, and I am execting a call back soon.

3. Our Home Owner's Association (a board that gets to tell you what to do with your house) sent us several letters demanding that we a)mow our lawn (see above!), b) paint our trim, and c) paint our fence. Since I don't take well to people I don't know sending me snippy letters telling me to "tow the line", and since I do NOT want to live in a little box made of ticky-tacky (no matter the color!), I called them up. I left a message on their voice mail indicating that I am disturbed by the fact that they spend their time and money regulating the color and maintenence of the trim in our neighborhood, but they have done NOTHING to deal with the hoodlums that are roaming the neighborhood. I recently had my car keyed while it sat in my driveway and I would much prefer my $15/month goes to finding those kids something to do. Hey! Maybe we can catch two birds with one net and have those kids paint my trim and fence? :)

I know. None of that sounds particularly impressive, but I am traditionally the kind of person who stews silently about this stuff, solving nothing and getting stress headaches. Instead, I calmly and firmly took care of business. That makes me happy.

FYI - No butts were actually kicked in the solving of any of these problems. I was a little snippy with the HOA people, but only mildly so.

No comments: