Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3

Started our testing today. Worked really hard to set the tone as follows:

1. It's just a test, don't worry about it. The world won't come crashing to a halt if you don't ace it. In fact, it is designed so that you aren't supposed to ace it. Just do your best.

2. They use these tests to see how we are doing compared to other kids in CA. They want to see how well you learned things and how well I taught them. Let's show them how great we're doing! Do your best!

Funny thing: As I was telling them that the tests show how well I taught things, one of the kids asked, "Will they give you a raise if we do well?" I said, "No", all the while thinking that if Gov. Arnold had his way...
Speaking of Arnie - he had the nerve to mass mail teachers (if the mailing I got is an indicator) telling them that the union was more concerned with politics than educating children. Hello, pot? Meet kettle. Sheesh.

No comments: