Sunday, June 10, 2007

Action!

We've been working hard on the Escuela del Sol idea. I stopped in at the library to get books on starting a business and writing a business plan. Mikey worked his tail off today setting a very smart looking website, which will go up as soon as I secure my domain name. It mostly consists of a main page, some info about me, and a form to fill out if you want to get more information as it comes available. He also designed me a great logo.

I am mostly spending my time completing the numerous end-of-the-year classroom tasks. I went in to school both days this weekend to work on getting things packed up. Thanks to the help of several students and a wonderful parent volunteer, the only things left to pack are the things I will need access to during the next week. I am done with all my grading and ready to write out the final report cards for the year. I have also been doing lots of thinking about my mission statement and the things I would like to do with this whole opportunity.

It feels terrific to be taking action on my own behalf. This is one of those decisions that just feels RIGHT. This has happened a few times in my life - moving to CA, marrying Mikey, and donating a kidney - when making decision just makes me feel good. These moments have always worked out for me. This is one of those decisions.

7 comments:

Paul said...

Go for it!!!

Anonymous said...

Nedd any help pulling resources together? Or for that matter, need any teachers who are long on hair and spirit?

Anonymous said...

Love your recent actions to continue to improve our world through education. I look forward to what you can do with your head and heart should all of your tutoring desires come together for you, and it will!

BTW- 8/20 (-1)

LA

Anonymous said...

Woot! I've had those moments and they always seem to work out fantastic for me too. too bad they seem to be set off by bad things.

Anonymous said...

Being your own boss is addictive, but it doesn't always pay the best. Best of luck!


Is Mike gonna make some curriculum related educational games? Ethan loves his games and I'd be very inclined to help him indulge in them if it was educational. There are many many home school oriented parents out there looking for engaging educational pieces of curricula.

Anonymous said...

this is just a weigh in
[14/20 (-1)]
although you know i am rooting for this and will help in any way i can

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

3/20 (-5)

LA