Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Like We're Not Even Human

This afternoon, they started making phone calls to inform us about placements for next year. They talked to 3 members of our staff, offering them positions they didn't want (and hadn't asked or been interviewed for). The rest of us heard nothing.

This doesn't mean that we get nothing. It just means that they arranged to do the informing in the stupidest way possible so that it will take several days (they only call during work hours when we don't have students - a grand total of 1 hour per day) to complete it. While we know they made the placement positions, we do not know anything about our own positions until they get to us. Although, we do know that apparently our requests and interviews had NOTHING to do with our placements. WTF? Every action the HRD people take shows us clearly that we are nothing more than a name and number on a piece of paper. They demonstrate absolutely NO consideration for our emotional well-being in any of this. It is enough to make one consider leaving. If I weren't so attached to my little home here, I would look elsewhere for a position - I bet Northern California would be nice...

I am still trying to maintain a level of hope. I can be grateful that I didn't get placed at one of the schools I really don't want to go to. There is still a possibility that I will get the position I requested. This will all be over soon - I will definitely hear this week about my job for next year. I have to have faith that it will be something I am comfortable accepting and that it will be something I can live with.

No comments: