Friday, June 01, 2007

This is a Test.

If you were driving down the road during a traffic jam, with all the cars slowed to a stop-and-go crawl, and you stepped on your brakes, only to find yourself rear-ended by the guy behind you, what would your first words to him be?

A. "What the *$^@ were you thinking!?!?" (with lots of violent hand gestures and shouting)

B. "Can I get your insurance information?"

C. Something else entirely, in which case you should post it in the comments.

Just so my parental units don't worry, this did NOT happen to me. It is something I witnessed when I was driving home the other day. The guy it actually happened to chose option A. Since I was the car right behind the one that hit him, I got a chance to see the 'hitters' reaction to the accident and he was obviously quite shaken. Realizing that the guy you just accidentally hit is a violent nut-job (as evidenced by all the insane flinging about of his hands) couldn't possibly help. From my vantage point, the 'hitter' needed more sympathy than the 'hittee*'.


* I don't care if that's not a word. It suits my purposes. I'm sticking with it.

No comments: