Thursday, June 07, 2007

Screw 'Em

I'm seriously thinking about getting out. The public school system in general is a huge mess these days and obviously, the part of it that I work for could give two shits about me. I don't need to be debasing myself for a system that doesn't appreciate me. I can be working for myself, getting the same student interaction, providing the same (if not better) assistance, and actually feeling appreciated for a change.

I am very strongly considering starting up my own tutoring business. I have always wanted to open my own school someday, and this is a good first step. I have a lot of great ideas, and I know several people who would be interested in helping me. I think we've got the savings and equity and credit to make it financially possible. I can easily drum up the business through my parent and teacher connections. I have the expertise to do the tutoring part. The necessary components are there.

Plus, there are some great benefits for me. I would be working for myself. I would be making my own hours, which would be much shorter than the ones I work now. I would get to focus on what is really important about teaching and forget about the crap. It will be GOOD for me.

Stay tuned for further information about my business, to be known as Escuela del Sol.

No comments: