Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Another One Bites the Dust

So, here I am. One more rotation around the sun completed. One more year of experience under my belt. One more candle on the birthday cake of life. Or something like that.

To be honest with you, I don't feel any different than I did when I was 20. I still question everything I do. I still worry that I am not cool enough or smart enough or pretty enough. I still wonder what people are saying about me when I'm not around. The ups are still up and the downs are still down. As they say - it's same as it ever was.

But there is a calmness in knowing that. No matter what happens, the Earth keeps on spinning, the sun keeps on shining, and I keep getting older, day by day. I get over the hurts and fix the mistakes. I forgive the wrongs and remember the joys. Nothing ever changes and nothing ever stays the same. On this, my 27th birthday, I may not know much, but I have learned that simple lesson.

What have I done for my birthday? Well, I had my second annual classroom talent show. It rocked. I went to dinner with my hubby and stayed up late catching a movie (a rare treat indeed). I heard lots of singing on my answering machine and I received some loverly gifts. All in all, a perfect day.

No comments: