Monday, May 30, 2005

Get a Move On

Now that we are in escrow - I did tell you all that we were in escrow, didn't I? - we are starting to get busy with packing. The big ole pile of boxes I had was rapidly used up yesterday as we crated up all the stuff in the guest room along with anything that isn't vitally important from both bathrooms. Most of the books in the house have also been boxed and stored in the garage. My strategy this time is to pack all the little drawers and closets first, as this is the part that always drives me crazy. There is nothing so frustrating as finding a bunch of junk drawers left after the rest of the room has been taken care of. This time, I'm starting with the small stuff and moving up to the big stuff.

The plan is for us to be closing escrow by June 22, if not earlier. You are all very lucky that you are in MN, because if you weren't I would be begging for help moving. You see, given the amount of time that is required for transfering funds and such, we will have about a 24 hour window between when we can move into the new place and when we are expected to be completely out of the old place. Yikes.

The rest of my holiday weekend has been used quite productively. I have made enormous progress on my Geneforge 2 game. My shaper is getting stronger and I am playing smarter. I learned how to create a new helper monster today. And I have found a shirt I should wear while playing.

No comments: